Our heritage is steeped in the rich and established customs of fine English toiletries. Founded in London, England, we blend the rich tradition of English formulations with updated technologies and innovative processes, thereby setting the standard within the toiletries marketplace worldwide.
- 1975 - Our earliest forays into the luxury hospitality market began with innovative and captivating home fragrance, candles and potpourri.
- 1984 - We were acquired by Potter & Moore, the oldest operating toiletry company in the world dating back to the 18th century.
- 1985 - We launched our first toiletries collection for the country house hotel market in the United Kingdom.
- 1989 - We began distribution of our upscale hotel toiletries to properties in North America.
- 1998 - We were acquired by E&A Industries, a privately held company based in Indianapolis, Indiana (USA).
- 2002 - We acquired Essentiel Elements, a San Francisco-based company specializing in essential oil-based spa, hair and skin care products and began offering our products publicly via a small online boutique.
- 2007 - We were acquired by Swander Pace Capital (October), a leading private equity firm specializing in investments in growth-oriented, lower middle-market consumer products companies.
Today, Gilchrist & Soames is widely recognized as one of the most respected and prestigious spa, bath and body brands in the world. Despite our growth, we have never forgotten that we pursue a traditional craft, and our passion for excellence is evident in every product we create.